Physical Therapy in Wayne, New Jersey
Have you recently sustained an orthopedic injury and require physical therapy? Recover with the highly trained sports medicine physicians and physical therapists at High Mountain Orthopedics. At our physical therapy location at 60 Owens Dr. in Wayne, New Jersey, our team boasts years of clinical experience to build individualized treatment plans that ensure each patient returns to the highest levels of function attainable and finds improved quality of life.
Conditions We Treat with Physical Therapy
Physical therapy is a viable treatment option for many patients with new injuries or existing conditions. It can be used alone or alongside other treatments to give patients the best chance at making a complete recovery. At High Mountain Orthopedics, we may recommend physical therapy for the following types of injuries or conditions:
High Mountain Orthopedics treats both surgical and non-surgical conditions. Physical therapy may be recommended to patients before surgical options are explored, and it is typically prescribed following a surgical procedure to support the healing process.
Our Physical Therapy Services
If you’ve been prescribed physical therapy, High Mountain Orthopedics will begin by evaluating your condition. Our physical therapists are supervised by our expert orthopedic surgeons, who work closely to coordinate your therapeutic exercises and care. Your personalized physical therapy plan will be designed to address your unique condition or injury. This could involve a combination of treatments that are most likely to support recovery, such as:
- Cold: Ice, cool water, and other forms of cold treatment are effective in reducing inflammation. The cold temperature also soothes aches and pains.
- Heat: Heat therapy helps muscles relax. Meanwhile, it promotes blood flow that transports much-needed platelets and nutrients, bolstering your healing process.
- Whirlpool therapy: A whirlpool is a tub filled with water agitated by a small motor. The motion promotes circulation, which decreases swelling while encouraging healing as patients soak.
- Therapeutic ultrasound: This treatment provides deep heating to soft tissues, increasing their flexibility and relieving any tightness or stress.
- Electrical stimulation: Electrical impulses can relieve spasms and pain while keeping muscles active during recovery.
- Paraffin: A warm paraffin wax bath can evenly administer heat to the injured area. This soothes pain, loosens joints, and rejuvenates muscles and other tissues.
- Mechanical traction: Advanced devices are used to gently stretch the spine. This method is used to relieve pressure and pain in the lower back.
- Iontophoresis: This advanced technique uses electrical stimulation to administer medication through the skin. It helps manage scar tissue and a wide range of conditions.
Begin Your Recovery with High Mountain Orthopedics
High Mountain Orthopedics emphasizes hands-on, one-to-one care with each patient so they are able to reap all of the great benefits that physical therapy can provide. These may include:
- Restored strength and stability in injured joints
- Improved flexibility and enhanced range of movement
- A smoother transition back to daily activities or sports
- Retraining muscles and joints to move in a safer manner
- Preventing chronic pain and minimizing the risk of future injury
If you seek physical therapy treatment or an accurate diagnosis for your injury or condition, High Mountain Orthopedics is here to assist. Our state-of-the-art services are available to patients in Wayne, NJ, as well as the surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn more about our approach to physical therapy.
View Our PT Gallery
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you know is in pain, we can help. Take the first step and schedule an appointment.